Sunday 9 June 2013

Simple Sweetness



So, first thing that Gauri makes! May this be noted as the ONE time I fall back on tradition, and start a new venture (this here blog) with something sweet. .... Or at least something that is a necessary ingredient in making a whole lot of sweet baked stuff. And to honor the lazy in me, this is something of absolute, elegant simplicity.
Enough build up. I give you .... Vanilla Extract!

Photo

Exceedingly easy to make... take a nice and clean bottle, add plain vodka, slit a few vanilla pods and bung them right in. Then let it sit on a shelf for a few months, and bingo! Vanilla Extract, ready for use. I found this technique on a blog hop for recipes that led me here.

And yes, even with a simple bottle, it looks fabulous. Which makes it the perfect pretty little thing to keep on a shelf in the kitchen. Dr on the dining table, so long as it doesn't come into direct sunlight. This is one that I am making for a friend, which is about two weeks old. I'm almost sad mine doesn't look as purty anymore; but on the flip side, cookies!! :)

PhotoPhoto

Qualifies as an evolving piece of art, no?

No comments: